Friday 8 January 2016

5 Couples Share Their Love at First Sight Stories

This article was originally published as "Our Sweet Story of Love at First Sight" in the July 2004 issue of Cosmopolitan.
1. "I was waiting to go in for a job interview and this gorgeous guy came to get me. The second our eyes met, my stomach started doing flip-flops. After introducing me to the head honcho, the hottie wished me luck and walked away. When the interview was over, I tried to find him by wandering the halls, but a woman came out of her office and asked if I was lost. Mortified, I said no and hurried for the lobby. Just as I was leaving, the receptionist called out to me. She handed me a note that read "I couldn't let you walk out of here without at least trying. Call me sometime. Roger." Rather than play it cool, I called him that night. I didn't get the job, but I did land the love of my life." Alice24 
2. "My best friend, Darcy, wanted to go bungee jumping together for her 21st birthday, but I was really scared. She wouldn't stop begging me, so I eventually said yes. On the big day, Darcy picked me up early from work, and we drove to the site. The longer we waited to take our turn, the more scared I got. I was so terrified that I ended up blacking out mid jump. When I came to, a super hot paramedic was leaning over me. Even though I felt a spark between us, I couldn't tell if he was just doing his job or if he was interested. Before we left, he asked for my number so he could check up on me. He called the next day, and after a two-hour phone conversation, he confessed that he'd made up a reason to talk to me again. Since then, we've spent every minute together and have even started talking about marriage. If it weren't for Darcy's crazy idea to go bungee jumping, I never would have met this great guy." - Lana, 21 
MOST POPULAR
25 Twentysomething Women Reveal The Best Thing Guy…
What Twentysomething Guys Really Think About Perio…
This British Man Has a Large Rim Job Tattoo on His…
This Woman Spent $10 000 on Plastic Surgery to Hav…
3. "On the first truly warm day of spring, my friends and I went to the park to check out all the cute guys playing softball. I immediately spotted one I liked and walked closer to the diamond to get his attention. Right at that moment, a ball came flying out of nowhere and smacked me in the middle of the head. Not only was it painful, but everyone in the park was laughing at me too! As I headed back over to my friends, totally humiliated, a guy ran over to ask if I was okay. I turned and found myself face-to-face with the boy I'd been eyeing. He took my arm and brought me to my buddies, then ran to get ice for my head. As soon as he was out of earshot, I said to my friends, "That guy is The One." After dating for a few weeks, my sweetie told me he felt the same way!" - Tricia19
4. "Several months ago, I had one of those mornings where everything goes wrong. When I got out of bed, I banged my knee on the dresser. Then I burned a hole in my favorite skirt, while ironing it. I had to pick out another outfit, which made me incredibly late for work. As I was speeding to get to the office, I hit another car. We both pulled over to the side of the road, and I immediately lost it. I was sitting in my car crying hysterically, when the guy I hit came over. I looked up at him and felt tingles all over my body. We started talking and really hit it off. I was so engrossed in the conversation; I almost forgot why we were sitting there until the cops showed up. After exchanging information (his name was Kyle), we went our separate ways. I couldn't stop thinking about him though, so when I got home that night, I decided to give him a call. But before I could pick up the phone, it rang. It was Kyle! He said that despite the unfortunate way we met, he had a great time talking to me and wanted to take me out. I, of course, said yes. Six months later, we're still going strong." - Kristi, 30 
5. "I work from home, and as I was finishing up a project one afternoon, I looked out my window and saw this sexy man walking down my block. I don't know what came over me, but I just had to meet him. I bolted from my chair and raced down two flights of stairs and out of my building. Once I caught up to him, I mumbled a "Hey, don't I know you?" line, and he actually bought it. We chatted for a few minutes, and then decided to grab a coffee. We spent the entire afternoon together and have been attached at the hip ever since. To this day, my family and friends still can't believe our crazy love story." - Pippa, 32 
 Click here to subscribe to the digital edition!